Yorba has released Shotwell 0.8.1, an update to our digital photo manager for GNOME. This release provides bug fixes, support for new video and RAW formats, and translation updates. Specific enhancements include:
- Fixes a problem where Shotwell could crash unexpectedly at startup or when reading/writing metadata to files.
- Fixes a problem where Shotwell could hang when importing voice-annotated videos.
- Fixes a problem where Shotwell failed to import date and time information for some camera-generated MP4 videos.
- Shotwell can now delete video files from camera memory.
- Shotwell now supports the 3GP video format common on mobile phones and RAW files with the SRW suffix generated by Samsung cameras.
- Numerous translation fixes and updates.
We recommend that all users upgrade.